Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Manager, The Conversation Pit/Analyst, Security Te
14,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got that stupid nimda virus in one of my stores. I downloaded the fixnimda.com

What I have been doing is shutting off the hub and each PC and then running the fix on each station. After I run it, I reset it and run it again and then I power down.

It tells me that Nimda has not been found on my computer, but I still have all of those .eml files on my desktop.

I installed Norton Anti-Virus Corp Edition on my server, and set it to real time protection, and it occasionally quarantines one of these files.

Is any one else experiencing this?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
From experince!! GET ALL SYSTEMS off the network....If you bring up even on system that is still effected --the whole network will reinfect, took me some pain and time to learn this one......

Disconnect all clients....clean them with the Nimda fix from symantec (www.SYMANTEC.com) or Trend (www.antivirus.com) then LEAVE the clean system off dont even boot it....do this and you will end up with clean but disconnected systems....WHEN and ONLY WHEN they are all clean.....including the email that were deleted....should you bring them back online....If you miss one machine...guess what....your starting ALL OVER again....

Also whatch your guest account....if your having problems hitting the network try enableing him again....

Cleaned a 20 user and 10 user network....thankfuly I learned this lesson on the 10 user network...after three tries...good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.