Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sad: hello there guys.....it really annoying trying to resolve a mysterious problem....i cant make an onbard Via Rhine II nic to work at my friends office ....there are 3 pc's 2 of them work fine, that one does not....i tried a different cable...no luck...but when i come here to my workspace...the nic works just fine !!!! ARGHH....i could use some help here..(the cable that i testesd worked with the other 2 pc's) should i try a different NIC ? at the office he uses a router with an integrsted switch from Thomson-Alcatel. I've updated windows (winXP SP2) and the drivers of the mobo.....for any other info ...please ask me ..oh the message that showed on screen was that the network cable was disconnected.....that's why i tried a different cable.....please help :cry:

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
It could be a power grounding issue, or perhaps a marginal port on the NIC or the switch/router. Did you try a different port, then a different NIC? Did you check the electrical grounding, this is a frequent issue in commercial buildings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.