Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Abit IP35-e motherboard and I'm trying to use its own network card to connect to the internet. I just can't get it to work. So I took my whole computer to my friend's place and we plugged network cable to my mobo and everything started to work immediately.

Well I called to my operator and they told me that there is a problem with my NIC (I hope I use the correct term :). "Your computer doesn't seem try to fetch the IP-address. Your NIC is broken, take it to service". Then I asked why it worked in my friends connection and my operator told me that "there was a router between that connection, so the NIC didn't need to do as much work".

So I borrowed a router and tried that one. Again, I was not even able to contact the router. Router's WAN led was blinking also, so I'm not sure what was going on..

Now you say that I just need to check my network configuration. I have a separate NIC that is currently working fine. Both have a identical configuration. I am very confused, so if you have an idea, please tell me :pray:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I'm learning to use that router and starting to understand little more my situation...

Windows detects that I'm "Connected to a unidentified network". But I'm still not able to access the router setup (or web either). And when I plug network cable back to the separate PCI network card, the connection is immediately working. Tried reseting the router, but it had no effect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do. Also BIOS boot screen shows two network controllers.

In the device manager, there is
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC, which is working and
Generic Marvell Yukon 88E8055 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller which is mobo's own network card.

Both seem to be working according to the device manager. I have updated Marvells drivers also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.