Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just assembled a computer using a mother board I've had a while, it's a BIO STAR P4TSE PRO. I've installed a 3 GHz processor, 512MB RAM, GeForce FX 5900 graphics card. When I start her up all the fans run and the lights on the key board flash on and the mouse light comes on but I get no beeps and no video signal. I've tried everything I can think of, checked everythings plugged in properly, no bent pins, everything seems to be fine but nothing happens. :sad: I've cleared the cmos and still no joy. I've tried a new CPU, another graphics card, different RAM. :4-dontkno What next? I'm at a loss to know what to do with it. Is there something I can try before I toss the Mother Board in the bin and go buy a new one?
Please help me some one. Thanks. :smile:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Have you made sure that not only have you connected the hard drive to the motherboard, but also there is a power cable attatched to the hard drive?

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
???? did you install both mobo connectors / 20 pin and 4 pin cpu power connector

what size PSU are you using

try one stick of ram in the correct slot for single stick config (see mobo manual)

also dont connect hard drive at first / first goal is a bios screen

regards

joe

·
Registered
906 Posts
Before I would toss the mobo I would make sure that the power supply is able to support the new hardware.

When upgrading components the PSU is a important consideration. If it is old, generic and/or low wattage the PC may not boot at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions guys, the PSU is a New Thermaltake 400W model XP480. I doubt that's going to be the problem. Everything is connected as it should be that I can detect. I wondered if there might be some jumpers I haven't set right but can't find anything. It's got me beat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guy's, thanks for all your suggestions I'm still working on it. I'll try taking the mother bd out and see if that makes a difference. With regard to the bios update, I can't get anything at all to happen, no beeps no video, everything seems to run, fans, keybd, mouse etc but nothing happens, I'll keep you posted on my progress.
Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.