Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to everyone. I am here on a situation that I am thoroughly confused about and I wish to make the right decision. I purchased a Dell 540 Studio with the Q8200, 6 gb. etc. So right away I replaced the Q8200 with a Q9650, added Corsair DDR2 pairs (twins) 4096-6400C5 memory in the amount of 8 Gb, a BFG Nvidia 285 OC X, a Creative Sound Board XFI Platinum card and a 1200 watt power supply. But I want to move this up a notch more with a combination of memory and CPU maybe even SLI.

So I am wondering what you would recommend in the way of Motherboards to go with a Intel QX series CPU in the 9000 series coupled with the combination of Corsair memory and the BFG Nvidia 285 OC X. Again, what memory sticks to use in DDR2 or DDR3.

And if I decided to go SLI with TWO BFG 8800GTX OC cards in tandem instead of the BFG 285 OC X. I have heard of the 790i Nvidia cards being good but are they only compatible for DDR3 memory? I have heard that the current DDR3 is not all that much better than high end DDR2.

Some people recommend waiting for the prices to come down on DDR3 memory.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The computer is a desktop model. I did not put that in the first posting, sorry about that. The PC is used for gaming and the internet surfing mostly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.