Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am sorry to ask what is probably a really daft question but I am thinking of trying out water cooling for the first time and I have looked at the Coolermaster Aquagate which I think would look good in my Wavemaster case.
The question is however, it says that it is suitable for K7 and K8... Would a socket 939 AMD Athlon X2 dual core CPU be one of these? I dont want to spend a hundred quid to get the water cooler only to find it wont fit!

Also, if anyone has any opinions of the Aquagate I would like to hear! I am thinking of building the following:

Coolermaster Wavemaster case
Coolermaster Aquagate Water Cooling (fitted internally)
Sapphire Pure innovation Radeon Xpress 200P socket 939 motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core 4400+
4gb RAM Geil Value Dual Channel PC3200 DDR400
Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 XL 512mb PCI-Express graphics card
Western Digital 250gb Sata-II 16mb cache

+ various other bits and bobs...

Any opinions on any of the above. Obviously this would cost a bit so I want to make sure I make the right choices! :sayyes:

Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that.. I will have a read through... Can I just check 1 thing though, and that is if socket 939 is K8?? I have only seen reference to K8 being socket 754 or 940 but nothing to do with 939 so far... Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. That is what I thought but I wanted to check as it didnt say it on the item description that I wanted to buy... :grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.