Tech Support banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
12,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 93 Dakota windshield started with a small rock crack on the passenger side. being as old as it is I don't have comprehensive , just liability so I am on my own for a windshield since the crack is migrating its way into the irritating area where I can see it
Thursday I have a 0800 apt to drop my truck off at a place in Ahoskie called Northeastern Glass total price for a windshield for a 1993 Dodge Dakota ( new) $280.88\
I checked several places and got a quote or $375 just to come fix it
Why would I do that when I can get one new for $280
I love the prices here
like last night we went to Napoli pizza in Murfreesboro and it was only $32 of everything we ate :)
I swear. 5 years ago when I moved here it was the best thing I could ever do

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,629 Posts
If you inject the stuff from the auto parts store or for $50 a visit from an outfit like Safelite those small "chips" are prevented from becoming the migrating cracks you mentioned.

·
Premium Member
19,794 Posts
I started paying for my own windshields. Last time I got my insurance to pay for it, my insurance when up for a year, just long enough to pay for the windshield. What a ripoff.

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
12,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you inject the stuff from the auto parts store or for $50 a visit from an outfit like Safelite those small "chips" are prevented from becoming the migrating cracks you mentioned.
Yea, I tried that stuff once, thers a reason I dont mess with glass LOL

I started paying for my own windshields. Last time I got my insurance to pay for it, my insurance when up for a year, just long enough to pay for the windshield. What a ripoff.
I cant even get anything except liability on this thing its a 93, if I smack a deer I'm in junkyards looking for parts, I would just get a different vehicle but I cant afford $5000 for a 80 something used car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts