Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I came here to figure out a very anoying problem with my msn messenger.

Appearantly, someone sent me a link saying: "Hey check this out: ((a link about my email*))"

I clicked on the link and something got downloaded onto my computer. Appearently it was a chain virus on msn.

The file automatically moved itself from the downloaded folder and now my msn messenger says "Hey check this out: ((*))" to everyone thats on my list and online.

Nortons Antivirus 2005 completely screwwed up afterwards. It wouldnt run at all, and I'm being prevented to go to Norton's site.

Also, everytime I try to run msconfig to see if theres anything there....the window atomatically closes itself!!!

However, just before it closed i noticed 2 programs running with wierd chineese letters i think and 2 more named "dark". That same Dark file is in the task maneger in the processes tab....but even i close it...the effects still continue!!!

I'm completely lost!! How the hell do I get this out of my comp!!!!!?!?!?

·
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired
13,606 Posts
hey, one of the guys got this at work, and it took him forever to get rid of it. and it isn't new, he got it 2-3 months ago. but i can't remember everything he did either. but for starters, search for files that were modifiled from a couple minites before the worm got you till now and move them to a 'junk' folder and restart, if all looks well, delete them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I did that... however it doesnt seem to work. I've even looked through the entire hard drive for them. Nothing works. Isn't there like an antivirus program that can spot it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.