Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically. I just won a new video card on ebay, :pray:, Sapphire Radeon HD 2900 PRO.
Huzzah here it is.

Here is my question.

Should I wait until I upgrade my systems Ram before putting in my video card? Or if I put it in with my current system it will be ok until I do get more ram, which will be asap.

My system currently is a AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+, with 1gb ddr2 667(pc 5300), Windows XP Pro, 700W ocz psu (I'm fine on power I believe).

I was reading on some random forum post that if I were to install my video card with my current system, it would make my CPU work much harder since my graphics will be processing a lot and with not that much Ram it will just be more stress on the CPU.

I will have to most likely wait until I get my next paycheck to get the Ram, which will be around June 10th which is why I'm wondering.

Can I install the card and will everything run pretty smoothly (understatement I know with only 1gb it is kind of a tremendous bottleneck) and not be detrimental? Or should I just wait until I get new ram, 2gb, to put in the new video card?

Thanks for reading this.:wave:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.