Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, im pretty new to this forum, but anyway, to my problem. I suppose i should start from the beginning, so here we go. I used to have a dell xps 600 computer until my motherboard and psu failed, so what i did was buy a new case, a new psu, and a new motherboard, and i would basically put the old parts in the new case with the exception of the mobo and psu. The new case was an Antec 900. So i had a guy build this computer for me after i got the parts, and it's been working great.

The one thing the guy did was take out one of the case fans because my graphics card was too large for it to fit in. I used to have an Nvidia 7900 GTX graphics card, and it was my birthday on the 5th of may, so i decided to upgrade to an EVGA 260 gtx core.

When i got the card, i decided to also put my old case fan in. Well... i'm a noob to hardware, but i did it anyway successfully. when i got the fan and gpu in, i booted up the computer, and i realized 3 fans were not working. I then tried to boot up again and it said Fan error or something, so i took everything back apart, and found where i had accidentally unplugged 3 of the fans. I also noticed that one of the cables on my HDD was loose, so i put it back in. I finally booted up sucessfully, then when powered it off and powered it back on, i got a BSOD every single time. i have a video showing this here.. http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/TJsurf/?action=view&current=Movie41.flv

I'm not sure if may have unplugged something, or what, but this really sucks, and if anyone can help me, i would seriously appreciate it. Thanks!

Also, i'm not sure if this was the right place to put this, but it did result from a graphics card so it seems logical.

*edit* it just said
"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device" and the message just repeated...help!

·
Registered
225 Posts
"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device" and the message just repeated...help!
that suggests to me that the hard drive isnt plugged in right?

i'm not an expert btw, just had a few similar experiences

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, i plugged in the HDD correctly, but now 1/5 times my pc will boot, and the other times it will just BOSD. Also my PC seems slower....is there any cause of this? i mean all i did was put in a new gpu..

·
Registered
225 Posts
sounds like windows may of screwed itself. I know it used to happen a lot when changing hardware, but usually more when changing the motherboard.

Thats what it sounds like though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.