Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that only Windows XP Professional can be used to code .ASP, does anybody know how this will work with Vista?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't remember the site, huh?

Do you remember what versions of Vista it will be available on. If Microsoft was smart they would allow it to be available on all of them, but who knows...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Evening, i am using vista ultimate and yes you can code .asp (classic asp) in it. what you need is IIS to serve the pages. Vista ships with IIS7, it has taken me a while to figure out how to configure it to serve classic asp because documentation is rather thin on the ground, thin on the internet... generally no-existant. In XP IIS6 is pre configured to serve just about anything, in Vista IIS7 is locked down and you have to configure it manually.

Before the release of vista i did email microsoft and they said that IIS will be available in Vista Home Premium too and there is a MS Knowledgebase article telling you how to install it - google 'iis vista home premium'.

However i read an article the other day that said IIS would only be available in Vista Business and Ultimate... if you want/need to serve dynamic content then youd do well to check with someone who owns Vista Home Premium before buying, however if you have deep enough pockets then you can just go for ultimate (don't forget the OEM).

Good luck.

Martin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.