Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought the above PC for my Win.7 Acer. Very good TV but when I try to play DVDs , it will stop after 2 mins saying 'No Signal'

The magic 'first time installation' did not work for me and I was left in the middle of nowhere so I may have missed an important setting. Please help.
Thanks, Sanclu

·
Registered
40,774 Posts
What is the make and model of your Windows 7 Acer?
Your question isn't clear, so, please provide answers to these questions.
How do you have the Acer attached to your Toshiba TV? (ie) HDMI? VGA? DVI? RCA?
Does the computer show on the TV?
Or are you using a set top stand alone DVD player, that doesn't involve a PC?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am very sorry I typed PC instead of TV. The computer is a small 'Media' Acer loaded with Win 7 but this is not the problem.My DVD player is a Sony number
DVP-SR7/60H. This was working perfectly but when I attached it to the new Toshiba, I get this 'No signal' after 2 mins which looks as if I missed ticking an important box on installation. The DVD player is attached via HDMI.
I hope things are clearer now.

·
Registered
40,774 Posts
So, the Acer computer is not a part of what your trying to install? why did you mention it?

As stated, make sure you have changed the port on the TV to the one you have your DVD player plugged into.
Please answer these questions how do you have the Sony DVD player plugged into your Toshiba TV? (ie) HDMI? VGA? DVI? RCA?
You can download the Startup guide and other manuals or contact Sony Support here https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/home-video-dvd-players-recorders/dvp-sr760h

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the HDMI pointer.I tried all 3 slots with the HDMI cable but now no signal at all although it had worked previously with my 12 year old Sony.
I tried a new cable which was thinner and 3 times too long which I rolled up and it worked straight away.Why, I dont know maybe the new TV was too strong for the old cable. Thanks very much, I had already spent many hours searching the manual and trying things out. Happy New Year !!

·
Super Moderator Hardware Team
13,163 Posts
most likely the hdmi cable was bad. at least it is working now. you can mark the thread solved under thread tools above first post

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.