Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my hands on some new to me hardware. Anyway I have a A760G M2+ board, running Vista Ultimate, 500 PSU and I just tried installing a Geforce 6600 GT OC.

This is my first PCIe board and is there anything I have to set in the bios? or should the system recognize the card as others in the past have done?

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
power supply

brand
model

the lowest we recommend for pcie is 80+ quality 550w

these days it should switch over to the card when you put it in and install the drivers

from starting in low resolution mode from the F8 menu and disable a/virus

when installed reboot and all should be fine providing there is enough power to run it

Power Supply Information and Selection - Tech Support Forum

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm at work right now, but I'll check this out later. But would this also explain why the fan on the video card doesn't even come on?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cards been seated properly every time. and would be first time i've had a problem with this PSU. been running them for as longas I can remember with fully loaded cases.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Do you have or can you borrow a good quality 550W minimum PSU to try?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no spare power supply. or pcie cards or I would have tried them before I posted asking if there was any settings i had to make changes too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.