Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I want to instal Apache on my Win XP Pro computer, but I am confused about the the instalation.

Network Domain. Enter the DNS domain in which your server is or will be registered in. For example, if your server's full DNS name is server.mydomain.net, you would type mydomain.net here.

Server Name. Your server's full DNS name. From the example above, you would type server.mydomain.net here.

What are these first two for? Am I supposed to have a Domain name registered before hand? What shows up in there is comcast.net, which is my ISP.

Administrator's Email Address. Enter the server administrator's or webmaster's email address here. This address will be displayed along with error messages to the client by default.

I assume I am supposed to put my own email in there?

For whom to install Apache Select for All Users, on Port 80, as a Service - Recommended if you'd like your new Apache to listen at port 80 for incoming traffic. It will run as a service (that is, Apache will run even if no one is logged in on the server at the moment) Select only for the Current User, on Port 8080, when started Manually if you'd like to install Apache for your personal experimenting or if you already have another WWW server running on port 80.

I guess I want to run it as a service?

Thank you for the help. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.