Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share one of my latest test designs. We sell ready made templates so, the name on this is not the actual name. Thought I would get feed back on this. Sometimes trying to come up with ideas,is so frustrating. I prefer programming lol.

This is just a screen shot as I have so many other projects right now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hm not bad, its clean, easy on the eyes, graphically simple to navigate, and would be easy to find what you need. I am not sure exactly what this is made with, if its strictly HTML, then it looks pretty good thumbs up!

But I really dont want to come off bad sounding here, just criticism, remember. I think its a tiny bit simple, its not 'too' unique. If you take a look at some CMS's out there, they could make something very similar in im sure quite a bit less effort you put in. That is if its not HTML (again if it is, great work).

If you ARE good at HTML though, and want to learn CSS (if its not already incorporated), I recommend looking at Joomla or Drupal. They are extremely flexible, and allow you to make some really fantastic looking stuff with quite a bit less effort.

Just some tips :). Keep up the good work though!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I like it, i think you should use a font with a smaller serif (/none at all) for the menu, just because it seems more a set of titles than a menu, still i like the design, very simplistic (which is what a template should be tbh).

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Jamey

Edit: looks very bespoke aswell, are you looking to sell this to someone in fashion/clothing?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not to come across as a stuck up snob here, but if I came across a website this simple, I would likely not be inclined to go past the home page. If the site had a business brand name logo i was familiar with (locally) I would likely make purchases from it. Sadly, it is those people out there stealing identity that make it hard for webmasters to compete with big name and well trusted stores like buy.com or overstock. In conclusin, it looks a little to simple for the skeptical buyer. However, from a designer point of view, I think the graphics are stunning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.