Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I made a a system with a 2.66 Dual Core, 8800 GT, and an Intel DP35DP motherboard. I also bought a 650 watt PSU from Antec. It runs Vista Premium.

Now the problem lies when I turn it on the whole system sounds like it is not getting enough power, as the fans seem to surge and not operate at their normal capacity. Especially the PSU, and I have even took out the GPU and the HDD/CD Drives off the mobo. Still does the same thing. I have plugged in the PSU into other outlets in my house like the bathroom and living room, same thing happens.

SO any clues on what to do?

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
The fans will run at 100% right when the computer starts up, but after that they will slow down and come under BIOS control. Both 650W units Antec offers (Trio and NeoHE) are high quality units and should provide adequate power.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to mention that I cannot load Windows at all. It will sometimes just stay on for a second then shut down, sometimes just stay at a black screen, and sometimes show me a screen telling me Windows cannot be loaded and gives me option to start in safe mode, normally, and default settings. Tried all three, it sometimes will show for a second Windows loading then i get a blue screen with some white letters for half a second. The shuts down

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried to get into the BIOS ten times or so but the preload screen wouldnt go past black with a '-' in the top left corner,

So i removed the battery after that

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Oh and the fans dont start at 100, just seems like it runs at minimum. Takes about 3 seconds or so for the PSU fan to come on.

I also run a rather large Zalman fan, Think its a 6 inch one

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I did that and it didnt work. Now the moniter doesnt even switch off standby after I turn it on. Tried both video slots as well. I did get it to sound like its normal for one try, but not after that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I mananged to get the BIOS open,.

CPU 36.95
Mobo 31.40
ICH 55.81
MCH 66

I also have the voltage info as well

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well it ain't working. I have tried everything I could think of, even just running the mobo as its self with only the CPU on it and fans still did that. ANd it running the fans just fine one time makes me think the PSU is ok

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No. just sound really slow, like running at half power. On top of that the PU and PSU fans dont turn on right away like they usually do.

I have two thermaltakes. Forgot the mm, they are old but I think its the smallest type.

They were working fine before I put all the new stuff in

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I used my previous PSU of 450 watts before I bought this one. I thought that was the problem at first cause of the 8800 GT and the Core 2 upgrade. Thought it was a major power drain.

ANd no they arent too dusty. About a month's worth

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.