Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently posted this post on the hardware forum, and was redirected to here, so if anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I recently bought a new a new a7n8x asus Deluxe mobo, as well as a 512 stick of ddr 3200 corsair ram, a box that came with a 420 watt power supply and four case fans, a new dvd rom, and an athlon xp 2800 chip. As well as all those I am using a Xtasy geforce 4 ti 4600, and a 80gb Maxtor hard drive. My problem is a bunch of problems really, but I THINK they can all be brought back to one source. Anyways to the point my problem is that when I go to install windows XP Home I get a bunch of errors conserning missing dll files on the CD. If I choose retry it seems to go through no problem, but I get a number of them and I believe they are the root of my larger problem. My larger problem is once XP is installed I get all sorts of corrupted file errors whenever I try to run something I've downloaded, or transfered threw our home network from my backups from my old system. I also get lots of errors saying I don't have enough file space, or I have a corrupted cabinet file. I have formated probably 8 times trying to get this to work. I also have switched out to another hard drive, a different CD rom drive, and have tried using a different XP CD. Could somebody please help me? I am really looking forward to getting this going, and the sooner this gets running properly the better . Thank you for any help.

I am currently trying to get XP pro off of a friend, could this maybe resolve my issue? Both Cd's from XP home that I have tried are in mint condition so I am certain that neither are scratched, and they have worked in other computers before this.

S

·
0 Posts
Try writing zeros to that hard drive using Maxtors PowerMax available on their website here. But do read the instructions down on the bottom of that page...........:D

Then boot to your Win XP CD and do the install.............:winkgrin:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Are you loading an upgrade XP CD or a "full version", meaning for a PC without an operating system?

It IS possible to load up XP from an "upgrade" version, but...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds to me like it's a CD issue. Try using a different Win XP CD to install since yours is only giving you a corrupt installation.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Make sure it is a clean install...delete the C: partition ( you will have to hit "d" and "l" at some point)...format and install. Maxtor Powerblast and Maxblast are great utilities to clean and partition your drive. For pictured instructions go to www.blackviper.com

Could be the XP disk too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.