Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I had just putting together a Pc and am having trouble getting it to load a system disk???? Everything looks good in the BIOS but I am unable to load a disk to get the thing up and running?????Any Ideas?????Thank you

Brian:(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Yes it is set to boot from the floopy. It gives me a system disk failed message and thats all it does???? Any ideas?????Thank you

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,697 Posts
Ok, but, what are you trying to load? Something from the floppy drive? Can you be more specific as to whats happening?

Also in the bios, is it set to boot A - floppy, 1rst, then D- CD ROM, second? Then 3rd - the hard drive?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

Hello,
I think I actually solved the first problem. It seemes I had the cable to the floppy backwards.I am now trying to boot from my cd-rom to launch the xp installation cd but it is not co-operating. I have installed xp before on several differnt computers but have never had the problem it is giving me now. I went into my bios and changed the boot order to start with my cd-rom. Once re-booted where it usually comes up with press any key to launch from cd-rom, this time it just came up with hit any key to reboot. I have tried to format the drive using the format c: command but I cant even do that. It says the drive wont support that?????? I am lost as of now as to what to try next. If you have any advice or ideas I sure would appreciate the input...... Thanks again .........

Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
loading xp

Okay, try this. Use a win 95 or 98 boot disk to boot to a c: prompt, and choose yes when asked for cd rom support. Once your at the command line you can simply change over to your cd-rom drive and run the xp setup wizard. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.