Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to create something that will allow me less time to insert OEM data onto the computers I build. I have sort of done it via cmd prompt but there are some things that I don't know how to do. Here is my code so far

Code:
cd C:\WINDOWS\system32
echo [General]>>test.ini

echo Manufacturer=GCNCS>>test.ini

echo [Support Information]>>test.ini
echo Line1=Phone +1 (228) 588-3588>>test.ini
echo Line2=Email [email protected]>>test.ini
echo Line3=Urlhttp://www.gcncs.net>>test.ini

exit
I am not sure if this way is good or bad. All I do is web stuff so this is new to me. Basically for XP I am inserting the .ini file this way, but I also need to move an image to the same folder and if possible prompt the user that the process is finished. Now all this has to be done via a jump drive(preferably). I can manage with a cd but it is easier in my opinion to edit data from that jump drive then to burn another cd.

Any help with this would be great.

·
Microsoft MVP
3,339 Posts
Welcome to TSF!

No need to create the file on the fly, just copy your pre-made oeminfo.ini and oemlogo.bmp file to the system.
This will work from a flash drive, CD, or a network share.
Code:
@Echo Off
Echo Installing Files, please wait
Xcopy [B]/Y[/B] "%~dp0\oeminfo.ini" %Systemroot%\System32 >Nul
Xcopy [B]/Y[/B] "%~dp0\oemlogo.bmp" %Systemroot%\System32 >Nul
Echo OEM Info installed
pause
Just create the oeminfo.ini and oemlogo.bmp files and put them in the same folder as this batch file.

Just browse to the batch file in Windows Explorer and double click.
This will overwrite any existing files without prompting. If you want to be prompted, change the /Y switch to /-Y

You could probably create an autorun.inf file so that this would run as soon as the flash drive was connected, or at least be an option on the AutoPlay menu. I always disable autorun, so I don't know how to do that part. Just Google for USB autorun.inf.

HTH

Jerry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.