Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,790 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

I seem to have new problems on my computer
tetonbob left you with a clean computer just three short weeks ago. Someone with access to this machine needs to be schooled on safe and proper surfing/downloading habits.

As you read in our:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50...-posting-for-malware-removal-help-305963.html

Also be advised:

It is not our intent to repeatedly remove malware from the same member's machines. The intent of this free service performed by volunteers is to help remove malware from your machine, educate you on how it may have happened, and how to prevent that from happening again. To this end, we provide links to articles and tools which should make your visit to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help section of TSF a one time event. Please do enjoy the rest of Tech Support Forum as many times as you like!

It also appears you didn't uninstall ComboFix as instructed by tetonbob in his closing speech.

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan/rootkit.

This type of infection allows hackers to remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.

If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Please refer to Microsoft's Online Safety article for tips on creating a strong password.

Do not change passwords or do any transactions from the infected computer until it has been cleaned.

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please delete ComboFix from your desktop.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

·
Premium Member
29,790 Posts
You're welcome. Glad to have helped. :wave:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.