Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently posted this message. Unable to diagnose the problem, I decided to replace the motherboard. Note that I decided it probably wasn't the PSU, as the issue happened even with both video cards (EDIT) disconnected (EDIT). However, upon receiving the replacement Motherboard and hooking everything else, I get nothing. When I switch on the PSU, an LED down by the BIOS post code display lights up, but the Post Code Display doesn't turn on and I can't seem to power up the computer. Would this mean my Mobo is DOA, my CPU is dead, or that I have a short somewhere? The power switch cable seems to be properly connected, but like I said, when I try to power on I get nothing, and the Post Code display doesn't light up when I turn on the PSU (like it used to). One difference when I reinstalled the mobo is that I used washers on the standoffs, the washers came with the screws which came with the case (which has the standoffs built into it, rather than using screw-in standoffs), and I realized I hadn't used them before. Any suggestions? Any thoughts on a probable cause?

(EDIT) Some Quick Links for reference

My Computer

My Power Supply

My Motherboard

The Vid Cards aren't on there, but there's a Radeon X1900XT and a Radeon X1900 Crossfire Card

This is a bit frustrating, particularly since before at least I got something, now I'm getting NOTHING. Just the light to confirm something is getting the power it needs...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.