Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently posted this message. Unable to diagnose the problem, I decided to replace the motherboard. Note that I decided it probably wasn't the PSU, as the issue happened even with both video cards (EDIT) disconnected (EDIT). However, upon receiving the replacement Motherboard and hooking everything else, I get nothing. When I switch on the PSU, an LED down by the BIOS post code display lights up, but the Post Code Display doesn't turn on and I can't seem to power up the computer. Would this mean my Mobo is DOA, my CPU is dead, or that I have a short somewhere? The power switch cable seems to be properly connected, but like I said, when I try to power on I get nothing, and the Post Code display doesn't light up when I turn on the PSU (like it used to). One difference when I reinstalled the mobo is that I used washers on the standoffs, the washers came with the screws which came with the case (which has the standoffs built into it, rather than using screw-in standoffs), and I realized I hadn't used them before. Any suggestions? Any thoughts on a probable cause?

(EDIT) Some Quick Links for reference

My Computer

My Power Supply

My Motherboard

The Vid Cards aren't on there, but there's a Radeon X1900XT and a Radeon X1900 Crossfire Card

This is a bit frustrating, particularly since before at least I got something, now I'm getting NOTHING. Just the light to confirm something is getting the power it needs...

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
I think you should try another psu, you already replaced the mobo and with the results of the psu calculator in your other thread indicates to me that even though it was recommended by Ati it was still underpowerd for the system and stessed, maybe finally giving up.

This is my best guess

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.