Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that If i just uninstalled my drivers and installed the new hardware that this would be possible. But now i get past POST and get ***Stop: 0x0000007E error. Usually this error is followed by the problem file but in this case it does not. Did I miss a step in the upgrading or what?

old:
Intel p4 d850md
ecc 1gig (2x512)
intel north
non flashed(orig bios)
agp4x

new
Gigabyte K8-U 939(socket)
Amd 64 x2 4200+
ULi M1689 north
2gig DDR 400 (2x1g)
agp8x

not changed:
Ati 9800xt
SBlive ss7
sony dvdrw
toshiba cdrw
powersupply
2x maxtor hd

I did fault checks on all hardware, did mem error checks.
Everything was fine hardware wise, and i switched my old mobo back (omg that took a long time) and was able to go to the Device Manager and hit uninstall for the system board and etc. But then i got a surpressed bubbel saying new hardware detected. So i dunno if it just reinstalled the drivers by itself ( Do I need to choose disable instead of Uninstall?)

I did alot more but this is the most pertinent, Any questions comments... OR fixes are appreciated!

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Welcome to TSF:

its too bad you didnt come in here first asking
" I want to change my mother board how should I go about it ?????"

There is a method called sysprep that prepares your OS for motherboard swap outs.

The theory of removing all drivers is severly flawed because you have to know where to look and how to remove the motherboard chipset drivers !! those are the one that are hurting you the most, but there are probally others too.

Besides all that Yada Yada / if you have been running windows on that hard drive for a year or more than you are long overdue for a fresh install anyway.
a clean install will run tremendously faster and far more stable.

so if you can live with that / then download this program (free) it will erase your hard drive squeaky clean (lose all data and programs)
then re-install your OS
http://dban.sourceforge.net/ >>>> download the floppy version

dont hesitate to ask more questions

regards

joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hehe i shouldve researched a bit more than I had, and i feel bad joining this forum to leech but here goes. It is indeed not yet time for me to install a new windows partition, soon possibly but with this problem so close to resolution I shall piddle away at this best I can, currently i am going back into the machine with my old setup and installing the new mobos drivers to see if this will help.

-that sysprep might work out, gonna work with it a bit

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
you could set-up your old motherboard on top of a motherboard box / connect the psu to the mobo outside of the case / connect one stick of ram / video card / and hard drive etc none of this needs to be mounted in the case !!

use a small screw driver or paper clip to act as jumper for the case switch on the old motherboard

once you get it fired up and running / read this link and use SYSPREP

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=772307

its our pleasure to help you !!! dont hesitate to ask all the questions you can think of !!

regards

joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much!
I did search for that exact topic in google /etc and didnt find any links to that site... and what a perfect match.

again thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.