Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had a Turtle Beach PX21 for years and the micophone has been clean and crisp, which is more than what I can say for the headphones, which (after 2 different sets) would have the left-side speaker die after a few months and was very fragile. Only the microphone remained in working condition.

I bought a PX22 today, thinking it to be the best upgrade since it's a direct step up from the PX21. Seems the microphone quality has dropped. Just to be sure I wasn't paranoid, I recorded myself in audacity on the PX21, then again on the PX22 using the exact same setup and the PX22 was not as clean or crisp. It's hard to describe. It's like the quality went from listening to someone in-person to listening to someone over a phone or an audio recorder.

I have tried out other headphones and microphones and it seems they all have the same problem where the quality is always barely lacking. The PX21 seems to win out every time.

So what exactly is the cause for this? How do I fix it?

Here is a short youtube video I put together to compare the sound differences:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIQS81jqKLo

Hopefully, if nothing else, the video explains my issue more clearly.

·
Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Team Moderator, Articles
39,530 Posts
I do hear the difference, but it is quite subtle.

I know some Turtle Beach headphones require software, check to make sure the PX22 do not.

Where are you plugging in the headset? A sound system or the PC?

·
Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Team Moderator, Articles
39,530 Posts
Honestly, I sounds fairly decent to my ears, but I can understand the frustration.

Looks to just be Turtle Beach changing their style of microphones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.