Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased 2 Gigabyte GA-7n400L with 2 2500+ proceesors and 2 GeForce 2 Video cards to upgrade current system.

Both MB have no post condition, tried all combinations including PCI video card and 3 other AGP cards. Replaced Power supply, tried 2 different 512 DDR 2100 memory. Tried all combinations on both boards. I have no cards in the machine except video and no drives hooked up. I even went out and purchased a Radeon 9200 video with 8X support.

Any suggestions would be appriciated. I can't get a hold of Tech support until Monday.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
Common problem

My experience says this issue is always due to the heatsink/fan not being properly seated on the CPU die. This kind of problem will not result in any Beep error codes, just a system that powers on and hums away and does nothing. Remove your heatsink and make sure you properly reseat it. Hold the board up to your eye horizontily and make sure the heatsink is even with the the CPU surface.

S

·
0 Posts
Try This

Remove everything off of the motherboard.

Take the motherboard out of the case and lay it on a phone book or something non conductive.

Clear the CMOS.

Re-Install the CPU, Heatsink and Fan.

Hook up the following items only.

Hook up the wire that comes from the power button on the front of the case to the correct header, See manual.

Hook up the the power supply to the motherboard.

Insert one stick of ram.

Insert the video card all the way.

Hook up the monitor.

Hook up power to computer.

Turn on the monitor.

Turn on computer.

You should have video on the monitor.

This sounds like a lot of work but it narrows down the devices to a few.

Try this and post back with the results.

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
Did you notice the month-old date on the original post, Speedo?

New people: when you come onboard, please try not to go through and add input to a lot of old posts, it makes it quite difficult for the people having more-recent problems, to get answers. IMO this should be in the Community Guidelines.

-clintfan

S

·
0 Posts
Duh on me.........................:rolleyes:

Thanks for pointing it out clintfan...............:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.