Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using a new laptop (Acer Aspire 7 A715-42G) that's barely 3mos old. I've been using it plugged in for the past couple of weeks or so. This week, however, it has been randomly shutting down and restarting; I'm currently trying to reproduce it on battery only.

This is how it looks like in Event Viewer.
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

I'm sure the outlet it's plugged into is fine because I have a desktop and a TV connected and neither is having an issue. The laptop sits on a stand, the charging brick a good 2 inches underneath so there's enough clearance, plus I'm in an airconditioned room.

Help please.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's how to fix: How to Fix a Windows 10 Kernel Power Error in 5 Easy Steps but I would seriously use my warranty to at least get the problem on record.
As stated, if you have a problem with a brand new laptop, send it back to the factory for free replacement or repair. Check your warranty https://service.acer.com/warranty/en/US
Can't afford to be without a computer at the moment because of projects, so leaving it at the service center is basically not an option right now. I checked the link though, and shy of opening the laptop to reseat the RAM and graphics cards, my guess is the problem is the adapter as I am unable to reproduce the error when it's running on battery. Tried to play a YouTube video at 1080, then played around with Google Earth with at least 15 tabs open. GPU temperature never went past 45C, laptop have yet to crash. Maybe I need to play more videos simultaenously?

What I do not understand though is why OCCT is not reporting any errors when I ran a stress test while plugged in. Am I doing it incorrectly?

I clicked Test > Power > Settings > Selected both graphic cards > Run for 1 hour. Nothing happened.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts