Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have an annoying problem. I'm a newbie here, as you can see this is my first post. I came across this forum while searching for some answers to my situation.

When I open Internet Explorer, it will go to my homepage, then it will open two new windows with my homepage. If I click on a link, it will take me to that link, in the same window, but then two new windows will open with my homepage. Or if I type a site into the bar, it will take me to that site, but then, two new windows will open on top of it, both are my homepage. So of course, each time this happens, I have to close the two unwanted windows.

I'm by no means a tech "expert", and I have never fooled with any settings, nor would I really even know what I was doing if I tried. I do have virus and spyware protection, and I do not use my computer for any questionable downloads. I realize that does not mean I'm totally safe, so perhaps something got in my computer and messed with some settings.

Thank you for reading my post, and any advise will be greatly appreciated! TJ

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey...
We jus got the same issue with browsers from last couple of days
in Vista Home IE8.

Steps :
Open IE8
open google.com (google.com loads in current window, 2 new additional blank window opens)
search google - click on any hyperlink from search results - 2 new additional blank windows open

I regiestered all DLLs mentioned in other forums on web, but no luck.

Surprisingly,
I installed Firefox - same issue with firefox too.

Donno if it is IE specific.

Did you try in firefox? its working fine for you?

Thanks,
Satya

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm the original poster in this thread, just wanting to post an update. First, thank you to everyone who read or responded to my problem. The issue seems to have resolved itself.

As I mentioned originally, I am by no means an expert on the technical side of things. I would be very uncomfortable messing with settings without knowing what I was doing. A few days ago, things got really out of hand-on two occassions, clicking on a link would cause an unlimited cascade of new windows to open! I used the Task Manager to finally shut them all down after there were over 20 IE windows with my homepage. I ran a scan with my anti-virus protection and it turned up nothing. The automatic Windows update icon popped up a few times in recent days, so I installed the new updates. I have no clue if that had something to do with it, but the problem no longer seems to exist.

I know this isn't a "real" answer, and I don't want to bump my thread for no reason. I just wanted to provide an update, and say thanks to those who run this forum for the opportunity to post my problem here! -TJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.