Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I'm in the right forum; if not, please redirect me. Five days ago I bought a new emachine for my 82-year-old mother, set the whole thing up, it was working great. About 12 hours later the "start" button, the monitor button, the modem, and the wireless router were flashing & blinking wildly. It's in her bedroom and the light show actually woke her up. She shut it down and started it up again and it seemed ok. I have had her shut it down at night, but it's happened multiple times since then during the day. Is this a power supply problem? Did I spend $329 on a piece of tragic junk? She's in FL and I'm now back in MA, so I am trying to deal with this long-distance. And I'm not exactly a technological whiz! Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
That is really difficult to tell because emachines have about as bad as power supplies as one can make. They are simply junk. With it being that new, I suggest you engage someone who lives near her to assist her to get it back so they can get it working or try for a refund. With less than a week before it tanks, they should take it back or at least exchange it. I would not even mess with a machine that new to get it working if it doesn't work correctly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.