Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a pioneer 111d DVD burner on an really old HP8315 for my Brother in law.Burns ok etc. but when I tried to play a DVD with Windows media player the Video was great but the audio was very choppy.
Installed K-lite codecs and now audio is great but black screen (no video at all)
K-lite installed Media player classic wich plays video and audio perfectly.I want it to work on WMP any ideas?

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uninstall K-lite and codecs, then re-install them. If that doesn't work, try a completely different codec pack.
Done that already installed Ace Codecs ,that didn't work so unistalled them and reinstalled K-lite

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
when i was on the creative site yesterday i saw something about choppy sound but did not take much notice as i was trying to find the updated driver for vista as it keeps popping up a box saying the current one expires on the 12th and to update before then typical creative still have not got one available

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll have a look, the installation of the codecs fixed the sound problem but completely wiped the video, the weird thing is that both work perfectly in media player classic
Could it be that the video card (ATI 3D Rage Pro AVG2) can't handle the demand from WMP but can from Media player classic because it may not use as much resources

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.