Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

i just bought a P4 2.66 and everything is running sweet except for a few things

i installed two fans, one sucking in, in the bottom front and one exhusting at the top back.

i mention this because the next day after getting it, it started overheating, running at 58'C (i have no idea in F), i had the alarm set at 60 so it was buzzing at me.

i thought it moight be a faulty power supply fan or something so i ran it with the case open to see if would produce the same amout of heat, but it didn't (45'C).

so i figured it was a curculation problem, so i put another fan in the front sucking in, and everything seemed cool (haha) Until last night. After about a hour of use running at normal temp it went into like a standby (the screen died yellow light but the computer was still powered up).

what do you guys thinks causing this??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also when in bios the fan speeds flicker every couple of seconds from 2000 something revs to 5000 something revs, i know those sensors arn't accurate but who knows?

(i'm thinking there something wrong with power supply)

G

·
Welcome Wadis...........:D

Do you have the CPU fan connected to the proper header on the motherboard? You may want to check to make sure the heatsink is sitting flat on the CPU.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.