Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently bought a budget computer from Newegg, and I've been having some troubles setting it up. I installed all the parts with just a little difficulty, and even managed to power the system successfully. However, though the fans, motherboard, and IDE drives are all powered, my monitor doesn't read any video signal from the computer.

I bought some extra sticks of memory in the event that the problem was a memory problem, but after exchanging memory sticks with the stable family computer, the family computer stopped transmitting any video signal as well, even though it had worked perfectly well before. So, I determined to lay off my amateurish construction and ask the real construction experts here.

Here are my new computer stats:
Mobo: PC CHIPS M811LU Socket A (Socket 462) VIA KT266A ATX AMD
Processor: AMD Duron Applebred 1.8 GHz
Memory: 2 x 256 MB pqi DDR266 RAM
Power Supply: Rosewill RV400 ATX 400W
Video Card: ATI Radeon 7000 32 MB

The video card is taken from my old personal PC, now out of commission, and was bought 3 years ago. The new computer sometimes beeps repeatedly upon startup, which gives me the impression that it is a video card failure. The family computer used onboard video from its Asus nForce2 A7N266 VM motherboard, infectedly out of commission. Is this a motherboard problem, a video card problem, or will I have to start all over again with everything?

Thanks.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Well, RAM can't really beat up a video card, integrated or otherwise. For your family PC I'm lost but in your own I think it's either a bad AGP slot (PCChips = bad company) or a bad card, or maybe both. The beeps are a good indicator of the latter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.