Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I just received my new desktop computer. I decided that I wanted to install Windows 7 myself, so I opted for a formatted HD.

I managed to install Windows 7 and connect to the internet...sort of.

I can connect google and MSN, and perform google searches. But whenever I go to a different website, any website, the computer stalls when loading the webpage and eventually crashes my internet connection and I have to reset the router.

This also occurs when I go to windows updates. Windows updates will begin to download, but will be suck at 0% and stay there until my internet crashes.

I have some updated drivers, including graphics. I have other computers on the very same connection that connect to the internet fine, and do not crash when browsing. This happens solely on my new desktop. This happened both on IE and Firefox.

I pinged google.com on the computer and it was 100% no loss. When I pinged any other website, I got a 0%, no packets.

But when I ping on my latop or any other computer, I get 100% all the time. Right now, I'm posting on this forum with my laptop. It would be impossible to do so on my new desktop.

Whats going on? Can anyone help? Thanks.

·
TSF Emeritus
16,395 Posts
You have a Windows 7 installation problem so I have moved your post to the windows 7 forum.

Did the pc come with a driver cd? Have you used the driver cd?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes it did. It was the motherboard Asus P8Z68-V LX driver support CD. I remember the computer not sensing any storage when I first put in the Windows installation disc, so I had to go to the Asus CD and extract the RAID drivers for the hard drive. After I did that, I was able to install Windows, I did get 1 BSOD but after that it went smoothly.

Ive managed to install the Intel Chipset drivers on the CD and the video card drivers as well, and Realtek PCIe controller.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.