Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking into buying a Radeon x1950 card and in my searches found an upgrade advisor. It was my understanding that my board, capable of AGP 8X, could handle any AGP 8X card I threw at it or is there something else I should consider for the higher end cards?

Also, I want your opinions on whether my PSU will hold out with the new card because I'm not buying a new one just for a new video card. I keep getting flickers of my screen currently which I thought was a power (or lack of) issue with my previous PSU (Enermax 535W). I upgraded to the 600W Noisetaker and it went away until just recently. Strange :4-dontkno

Cheers

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pharoah, I didn't think there would be a problem with the upgrade, the compatibility issue must be for people who don't know whether they have AGP or PCI-e boards.

I'm still getting those flickers though (?).

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I remember about 5-10 times an hour. I have an LCD TV, it's in my signature. Sometimes half of the screen appears to flash strange colours. It doesn't happen with my xbox 360 or tv.

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
How is it connected? If you are using VGA or component video, have you tried a digital connection? And have you tried a completely different input?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.