Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just built a comp which is not the first one I have built. All was going well until I powered up, then all I get is a blank screen. I can hear everything running, HDD & graphics card. I have tried both these in another machine and all works ok. The new HDD has had a Win system put on it while it was in my other machine and it still wont do anything. HDD is a seagate baracuda that does not need me to do anything about slave and masters. The other strange thing is that when i tried and old HDD in the new comp, it would not even run. Anybody got any ideas please. : :upset:

·
Registered
21 Posts
So you get no POST (system) beep? By the sound of things, one possiblity is that there isnt enough power being supplied, without knowing at what point exactly your system gets to I cant answer the question more exactly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as I can tell everything is running, all I have in at the mo is the HDD , memory and graphics card and all appear to be working. i have tried all except the memory in another comp

·
Registered
52 Posts
try resetting your video card and try using a different RAM... i've also encountered the same problem to my other computer and the RAM is the one causing the problem.. the ram is damaged after changing the RAM, all went wel.. :smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.