Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core

EVGA 01G-P3-1561-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP

Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

KINGWIN Lazer Gold Series LZG-700 700W ATX 12V v2.2 / EPS 12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64

My problems are that I randomly get the blue screen of death, a common factor might have been that i was installing large programs when it happened but there was other stuff going on also. Another thing that keeps happening is weird hiccups where the computer mini-freezes and acts like it's thinking really hard about something, but the cpu is never running at more than 8% and the memory at a very minimal amount too.

Anything you can tell me would be great, I appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
why are you running 3 sticks of ram,i think it's a dual channel m/b which means running ram in pairs

try it with just 2 sticks in

check the voltage range of the ram,asus boards usually default to low to cater for crap ram

kingwin are low quality units,i would be running a quality 750w min

quality psu's come with a 5 to 7yr warranty

Power Supply Information and Selection - Tech Support Forum

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice! Rookie mistake, I'll try it with just 2 sticks in. I double checked the RAM voltage and it's running at the proper amount. I did use newegg.com's voltage calculator and it recommends a 500 watt supply for my current setup. I went a bit high so i have room to add.

·
Enthusiast
16,762 Posts
kingwing are renowned for causing issues such as you are getting. When I used to test power supplies in my job 90% of faulty power supplies came from kngwing who also make powerman and winpower.

If you are building a good rig like your it is foolish to put in a crap power supply since the psu is the most important component in your system and cheap = crap.

good makes such as seasonic,xfx or corsair (not gs or cx) are not cheap and as dai has rightly pointed out you should be running atleast 750w

I hope your kingwing hasn't damaged anything as this is what they do.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Same advice as above about the PSU.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.