·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the build
MEM 1Gx2|PATRIOT 240P PDC22G6400LLK ddr2 800
PSU Cool Master|RP-600-PCAR 600W RT
HD 250G|ST 7K 16M SATA2 ST3250410AS
MOTHER asus m2v-mx se http://usa.asus.com/search.aspx?searchitem=1&searchkey=m2v-mx+se
athlon 64 x2 3800

When i boot up i hear a couple of clicks from the speaker. all the fans and drives turn on but i get nothing on the monitor so i cant do anything in bios.

i have put a video card in and still got nothing

I have switch out the ram and the processor with known working ones and i still have the same problem.

the ram i have is not in the manuals compatibility list but it is high quality ram that i never have had problems with before. I switched it with ocz ram that wasn't on list but is good high quality ram though.

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
It could be the motherboard. Make sure you have the speaker connected correctly if it is not a surface-mounted speaker because sometimes speakers hooked up backwards make only clicking noises.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have hooked up speaker both ways. and it clicks both ways i don't really car about the speaker i just want the computer to work.

ya it could be the mother board but i have no way of testing that. but it seems that could be the only problem with it since i have switched out the mother board and the ram with known working items and it still has the same problem.
by the way every thing was new

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
not a very good quality PSU it may be a good idea to try another if you have access to one

or try this PSU in another system ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it has 2 18amp on the 12 volt rail.
this computer is not drawing that much power a 600w power supply should be fine for this system.
but i will try it on another system to make sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.