Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed this new mother board yesterday and transfered everything from an MSI neo platinum that has been driving me nuts.

The problem is I have DDR 600 capable ram from patriot and it was running at ddr 400 prior to the bios flash. Now that the mobo has been flashed its stuck at ddr 333 (167mhz)reguardless what i do. If i overclock it to Fsb 240 then it will post the ddr of 400(200mhz). Why does it not let me post at ddr 400 at stock settings after the flash. Also the memory worked GREAT in the MSI neo platinum.

its a ASUS k8n E- Deluxe socket 754 with bios 1011 september 2005.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Real_Bullet said:
ddr600 capable, but will the motherboard support ram that high of speed past 400?
No it will not the fsb on the k8n deluxe goes to fsb 300 but it wont boot past 240 with the 1011 bios and wont boot past 235 with 1009. And even then the Board is not stable. Im really disappointed at the performance i cant run any 3d games when the pc is overclocked either. its Prime95 stable but the lock of 66 must not be holding up when the GFX card is underload. which is very dissapointing considering all the same parts where in a msi neo platinum motherboard. I made the switch because of a glitch in the mobo which forced me to power on the msi neo platinum twice otherwise i would have kept using it. Anyways The board will go go to ddr 400+ with bios 1009 with bios 1011 the board locks at ddr 333 with all types of memory im 100% confident the new bios is flawed and i think someone should notify asus tech support. Overall the board is great, but but for Overclocking the outdated 754 socket stick with the MSI for now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.