Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this ones got me baffled, I hope its something stupid on my part I overlooked multiple times rather than a hardware defect but here goes.

So I baught a Gamer card, put it in the pci slot closest to the videocard I could (its a 6800gt with a silencer5 on it, it blocks a pci slot). I plugged in the cd drive cord thing (never installed a sound card before) and did everything else the way the instructions say to. I turn it on and had the latest creative drivers installed from their webpage and turned on a song. No music.

I tried reinstalling it a few times and even checking the cheap logitech 2.1 setup I have and everything seems to be fine. I used Creative Diagnostics and everything reads as though its running fine, I made the primary sound driver the card and disabled onboard. In the end it says everything is fine but I cant hear a damn thing, even tried headphones. Has anyone ever dealt with this before? I cant find anything on the forums...Any help would be much appreciated. :4-dontkno

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PC spec's if it helps any

Just incase it matters this is my setup:

ABIT AV8 s939
Athlon64 3500
1gig of Corsair XMS PRO
BFGTech 6800GT
160gig Hitachi 7200rpm HD
Sony DVD dual layer burner/cdrw combo
Some Logitech 2.1 speakers from walmart for 90 bucks or so

I forget specific details about some of the components but I'm at work so I cant check :dead:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe so because I had the cd in the drive and it autoloaded...It didnt work before that either so I'm hoping this is going where I think it is. What should I do, start from scratch again and avoid the installation cd?

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
when you pop in the cd a setup screen should popup and you choose install,this installs the programs and the drivers,if you just d/l the creative drivers you are missing the program setup

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probable RMA

I have tried everything at this point and it still has no sound. Since I've had this problem I baught a new mobo and video card so it couldntve been the AV8 giving me trouble. Now using an Asus A8N SLI Deluxe and a 7800GTX (yummy, lol). Anyway, I'm going to call creative on monday or something and see what they will do about the faulty hardware. If anyone else has had this problem, please feel free to still reply with your results/fix, itll be a while before I RMA it if I even can... Thanks

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
in the device manager,click on view and show hidden devices and see if you have any yellow alongside of anything

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.