Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I recently purchased an Antec Kuhler H2O 650 for my LGA2011 M/B.

After managing to install it correctly with the vague instructions provided
I connected the "female 3 pin" connector from the pump to the "CPU_FAN" connector on my motherboard as instructed and turn the PC on and everything starts up and the pump lights up etc but straight away BIOS gives me "CPU FAN ERROR" at POST and in SETUP my CPU TEMP is 77 deg C and climbing fast?

I assume I have made the right connections....
The unit comes with the pump to radiator plugs pre-connected so there is only the 3 pin female plug that instructions say connects to "CPU_FAN" connector and a 4pin male plug that is used to connect secondary fan which I haven't installed so nothing is connected to it.

Have I missed something here or is the unit just faulty?
To add it is definitely installed on the motherboard correctly with thermal paste used.

Any advice would be appreciated...thanks

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team
2,680 Posts
I used to get that on my old Hyper 212.....it's related to low RPM's at startup. When you have the cooler set in the BIOS for Cool/Quiet mode, this error will sometimes pop up. Check your BIOS settings and the CPU settings for an "auto" setting. Otherwise you'll need to set the speed to something around 1000 rpm.

Straight from the manual. Seems like your suppose to connect the 4 pin to the cold plate and the 3 pin to the mobo. See the note to turn off Q-fan...a must.
H2O.PNG

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
You are on the money with that one...upon startup CPU_FAN rpm was only 594rpms and graphical meter was red (I have an ASUS P9X79 PRO).

There doesn't seem to b any way to manually adjust the speed (only monitor/ignore) so I turned the profile from "energy saving" to "ASUS optimal" and it's now running at 675rpm at startup,POST CPU fan error is gone and CPU temp is ice cold low 30s (Celsius)...All is good =)

Thanks for the help once again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.