Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a few months agos an upgrade ver of winxp for a troubled system that died 2 days after I upgraded it to winxp. That computer no longer exists. I have since purchased a new computer w/OS. I would like to pass on the winxp upgrade that I did activate but only used for 2 days. I have consulted the Microsoft WS but I do not want buy a new license since I did not get any real use out of the one I bought, nor do I want whoever I donate it to, to to have to purchase a license. I also do not want to pay the fee to get in touch with Microsoft. I spent good money on an upgrade that I am not using and I want to pass it on as a legit copy. How do I go about getting a new activation key without incurring additional expenses? Thanks!

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,257 Posts
and welcome to the Forum

You do not need a new key . . whoever installs it next, at the point they activate it, will just call microsoft and explain that it is being reinstalled on a different machine. It's a quick and easy call for them.

Since it is an upgrade version, the next user will need a previous installation cd to be able to install

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.