Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Student of the Art
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone know what this means...Its an error i get when trying to hook stuff up to my printer port on the case.

While validating that \Device\Serial2 was really a serial port, the contents of the divisor latch register was identical to the interrupt enable and the receive registers. The device is assumed not to be a serial port and will be deleted.

thnx

·
Student of the Art
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Printer port looks good. I just cant even begin to understand that error.

Im lost.X(

·
Student of the Art
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can you refresh my memory. How would i get into cmos and change it. Do you mean get into setup at boot?

·
Student of the Art
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanx guys, I'll try it and get back to you.:D

·
Student of the Art
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've went into setup and fiddled around with Serial A & Serial B settings along with Parallel port settings but still haven't solved my little dilemna. There are so many different possibilites.

I didnt See anything related at all to ACPI .

Hey Lonny, you have an 810 chipset, your bios would basacally be the sdame as mine....D'you got the ACPI settings??

Lectraplayer Said
Do you have anything that isn't working right now? Maybe it could be that or related.
I do have a comm port dissabled cuz I cant get it working but I dont see how that would be related.....Other than that everything else is top notch on my system....

·
Student of the Art
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You Know what, I've been reading somewhere that comunications ports could somewhat be interelated to the serial ports or something......maybe im going crazy:upset:

But i dont think its a coincidence that Serial port A works as well as Comm Port 1 and Serial port B (my problem port) doesnt work and my comm port 2 doesnt start(in device manager it has a little yellow asterix and when i click properties, it says the device cant start)....:confused: :confused:

So then how would I go about and get my Comm 2 up and running??

Isnt comm 2 supposed to be working if comm 1 is???

:cry: :sigh: :sour: :startled: :nuts:

·
Student of the Art
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
tru tru, hmmm that still doesnt solve my problem.....

hmmmm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.