Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My problem here is I have 7 stores around the state, in the stores are Flat panel TV's to display our monthly fliers for customers to watch and see while in the store. Now the way I have been doing this is burning a CD with the images on them and playing them in the stores through DVD player. This method doesnt work very well, I have to send the DVD's over and have employees get up on ladders to change the disk. I want to somehow have the TV's networked so I can upload the images to one server and thats what all TV's will display...any suggestions or other helpful ideas to get this done?

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
The simple way would be to have a script that runs on each computer with Internet access, and they would download and display the new flyer periodically. Of course, you need a computer at the store driving the display in question, but it would certainly solve the issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See I wanted to avoid putting a computer there, I wanted something thats basically a computer but not. We purchased a media player with FTP access but its not as easy as we thought it would be...any other suggestions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.