Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Networking at 1% net utilization

Hi, i know little about networking so bare with me.

i have 3 computers(all winxp home sp2) around the house connected via a d-link dsl 504t router(new).

computer (b) and computer (c) can share files at 80%+ network utilization and connect to the internet at max (1.5Mbit adsl).

computer (a)(mine) shares files at 1% network utilization and has poor internet connectivity.

The router(d-link dsl 504t) uses DHCP? to assign IP's??

specs:
a64(3400+) on a K8ne delux
1.5G ddr
x800xt
2 x WD sata raptors

Fresh(today)install of WinXP + sp2 + nforce 5.10 drivers

Problem seem to come when we bought the router.(used to use a 8 port switch, with no problems)

I have tried different cables. Using different ports on the router, nothing seems to help.

My computer is the only one with an on-board network card.(dunno if that should matter??)

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have tried new cables. etc the connection is direct to the router.

I got it to work really well for about 10mins today, by pulling every ones cables out of the router except mine, resetting the router and putting the rest back in, i got full bandwidth both locally and on the WAN.

Then about 10mins later i noticed the "network cable is unplugged" warning pop up for about 1 second. then performance was crap again.

I wonder if my IP lease time has something to do with this????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Further testing has proved interesting:

Only plugging in my comp plus one of the others(either one), results in the network working perfectly. Full bandwidth both ways both local and on the net. As soon as i plug in the third, my computer suffers(only mine).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.