Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am trying to network 4 computers at home.

I have 2 laptops
and 2 desktops

What i want to do is to be able to print from any of them to my 1 printer.

I have the following computers,
Dell Dimension 4550 - XP Pro - USB to Printer.
Dell XPS 410 - Vista.
Dell Latitude D600 - XP Pro Wireless
Toshiba A105- XP Media Ed. Wireless

I have the Fios Actiontec MI424 wireless router.

Let me know if you need further info.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can just share the printer on the pc it is installed on. Right click on the printer in the control panel, choose sharing, choose share this printer (device?) and give it a share name.
I have already done that.

i can't see the printer on any other machines in the network.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have one laptop, the Toshiba, that can see the Dimension, the other two can't. I was in workgroup.

Maybe, I need to setup the network? I don't know how. With all these different configurations.

·
Registered
127 Posts
How are you connecting all 4 PC/Laptops together, a switch, wireless/wired router, and if you can tell us what switch or router you are using.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Let me ask you this. What is the exact revision of the Actiontec MI424WR? If you have the Rev. C model, you may be experiencing the issues that are common to that model. There is some sort of firmware and/or hardware issue with that router that inhibits Windows network browser elections. This results in a failure to see any of the machines in Network Places.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me ask you this. What is the exact revision of the Actiontec MI424WR? If you have the Rev. C model, you may be experiencing the issues that are common to that model. There is some sort of firmware and/or hardware issue with that router that inhibits Windows network browser elections. This results in a failure to see any of the machines in Network Places.
how do i find out which rev, i have?

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Look at the label on the bottom of the router. Also, the Rev. C model is the one with the rounded edges, the satin silver bezel, and the fancy Verizon logo in the side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.