Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Network Scenario – All help appreciated.

Hello all,
I am new here so I’m not too sure of the rules about posting but if I get anything wrong feel free to let me know. :)

I currently have a situation that I will post below – I have little background information on networking and all knowledge would be greatly accepted.

“Design and draw a diagram for a set of four networks inter-connected via routers; one class A network, two class B sub-networks and one class C network. The Class B networks must be sub-networks of the same class B network and must have consecutive Network IDs and be capable of supporting up to 4096 hosts. Assign IP addresses to all connecting routers and place at least one host computer in each network (with appropriate IP address). Determine a route for an IP packet where the IP packet must originate in one network, go through another and terminate in a third. Show the designated route in a different colour and show the calculations that the routers perform to determine the route of the IP packet for each of the intermediate routers until the packet is delivered to the destination computer.”

Any idea how to set this up, all information, answers, knowledge comments will be greatly appreciated . Thank you for time :)

·
Administrator, TSF Manager
28,150 Posts
Re: Network Scenario – All help appreciated.

Hi dljbrown.....welcome to TSF!!

Would this quote from our rule book apply??

EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE
While we are happy to promote the education of users, we feel it is inappropriate to circumvent the learning process by directly assisting with assignments and projects of an educational nature. Direct answers to school or college assignments are not allowed and will not be given. However, if a user is having trouble comprehending a certain topic, the members and staff at TSF will be happy to provide assistance with understanding the topic.
The staff can help, but only to a certain extent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thats absolutely fine, I had a feeling that I would be over stepping a line somewhere. But any information that would point me in the right direction of where to look or what to read up about to set this up myself would also be greatly appreciated :)

·
Administrator, TSF Manager
28,150 Posts

Might not be a problem if the staff has time to explain some of the details. Alas, I am not adept at networks.......

Perhaps if you could explain what you do know and what areas of the assignment are hazy. All input from you will be of great help and cut down on the time involved.....pinpoint the area of the project you are having difficulty with. The staff is allowed to help but cannot do the complete assignment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Love the picture by the way ... great film – did you notice him in Harry Potter?
Well first things first ... is there certain ways or drawing network diagrams is this the same concept as flow charts for programming that certain things mean certain stuff or can I just draw and label. Secondly, what is the difference between the classes of networks or sub networks. How do I assign a network to these properties ... as you can see clueless. Currently downloading Networking for dummies so hopefully that should get me started :)

·
Registered
20,461 Posts

Hello,

We can only give you links and can't provide straight answers since this is Educational Inquiry.

Start here, some Network Diagrams. And last one here.

I think you'll get an A after studying the above links.

Thread Closed and Goodluck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.