Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

i have my home network consisting of 2 machines, on 1st machine i have Vista x64 and Win7 x64 and on 2nd machine i have Vista x64. both machines are conected to eachother with a crosscable and 1st machines 2nd network card is is used to conect to internet ( ICS enabled ) and i have an apache webserver runing on it.

when on the 1st machine is Vista runing, i can access my webserver from outside ( for example from my work place pc ) but cant access it from 2nd PC at home ( within LAN ) by entering either the name or ip. same happens when i have windows 7 runing on 1st PC ( the one that holds the apache server )
from my 2nd PC i can view my webpages only by entering the 1st PC's ip address from the card that is used to connect them together ( 192.168.0.1 )

i also cant ping my WAN ip from my 2nd PC , when i ping it from my work place i get respons from my 1st..
it just doesnt work from within my lan ( my 2nd PC )

i dont use routers / firewalls or anything else, Vista's and Win7's firewall is also disabled, ports are open...

anyone knows a solution to this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Accessing your website within your LAN you use your Intranet address e.g 192.168.1.1
from outside your lan (work place) you will have to use your isp's address e.g 92.146.23.56

You should be able to ping your isp's address from pc2 not sure whats wrong there.

take a look at http://www.no-ip.com/ allows you to use a static domain name instead of a dynamic address

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
im using a static domain and it still doesnt work.. neither by isp's ip or static domain. from outside lan everythings fine and working only from lan doesnt

when i use 192.168.0.1 i can see the website and also i can ping this ip..
but if i use isp's ip or the static domain i get Connection timed out and no ping respons

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.