Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 weeks ago I had a problem with my computer crashing because of over heating, but before I realized that was the problem I tried to boot in safe mode and run repairs and such. Once I opened the computer and fixed the fan I was able to boot normally, but I couldn't connect to the internet. I then did a system restore and was able to connect to the internet, but it has been extremely slow. I've had speed tests over 100 mb/s for download and over the last 2 weeks I've had under 1 mb/s. Its not a modem/router problem as both work fine on other machines. Any ideas on what I could have done wrong?

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,253 Posts
and welcome to the Forum

What kind of "repairs" did you do . . did you use a registry "Cleaner"? Have you downloaded and reinstalled the newest drivers for the network adaptor?

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,253 Posts
I would try downloading and reinstalling the newest drivers for the network adaptor? . . That often fixes many isues.

Get the drivers from the manufacturer

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,466 Posts
Go to Start/Search and type CMD right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing system files.
Talk to your ISP and have them test you lines to see if there is any issue outside your house.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.