Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am having serious connectivity problems with the internet. I have high speed cable through Comcast and I use a cable modem. The connection is intermittent at best, and the tech was here yesterday and "fixed" it but he said I need a new NIC. I have a dell dimension 2350 and was going to replace the NIC but I don't think I have one, all I see inside is a modem. Do I have a NIC somewhere in the desktop?

Thanks.

Randy

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Register at DSLReports and run their line quality tests. Post a link to the results here.

I'd also like to see this:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The connection is intermittent, so sometimes it works great but most of the time it is slow as molassas and just times out. Here are the results you asked for...

1)

In order to calculate your download speed, we send data to your computer. When complete, the results will display in a chart near the bottom of the screen.

This test measures the actual download data rate of your Sprint Broadband Direct wireless link. Your actual throughput will vary based on Internet and web site specific delays.
If the bar in the graph goes into the green, you know that your download speeds are in the broadband range - that is, you are getting the fast speeds from SBD that you signed up for.

Speed Gauge:
Your Speed:
179 KB/sec

Dialup ISDN Broadband!

Your Results:

1,431 Kbps Download Size: 995,974 bytes
179 KBytes per second Download Time: 5.44 secs

2)

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Randy>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : D73H7921
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : hsd1.co.comcast.net.

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : hsd1.co.comcast.net.
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Cont
roller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-08-74-BB-D5-40
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 75.71.206.74
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.248.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 75.71.200.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 68.87.66.10
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 68.87.85.98
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, November 17, 2007 8:18:36
AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, November 20, 2007 3:19:50 P
M

C:\Documents and Settings\Randy>

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I am having serious connectivity problems with the internet. I have high speed cable through Comcast and I use a cable modem. The connection is intermittent at best, and the tech was here yesterday and "fixed" it but he said I need a new NIC. I have a dell dimension 2350 and was going to replace the NIC but I don't think I have one, all I see inside is a modem. Do I have a NIC somewhere in the desktop?

Thanks.

Randy
Hi Buddy Dimension 2350 has an integrated NIC and if it has gone bad then either you can purchase a new PCI NIC or you can connect to internet using USB port or else you can purchase a new mobo. And if u r purchasing a new mobo or NIC u can call 1-800-372-3355 that is dell spare parts sales #.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.