Tech Support banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am running Windows 7 (64-bit) on HP MT PC. My network connections were working fine, but one day I lost the connection and discovered that my Network Connection folder is empty.

I have tried all the fixes suggested on this link:

None of the suggested solutions worked for me.

I have attached various screen shots to show my case.

I kindly request your help and let me know if more info is needed for this case.

BR

Attachments

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,957 Posts
In Device Manager, check for hardware changes, then under VIEW, show hidden devices.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In Device Manager, check for hardware changes, then under VIEW, show hidden devices.
Hi Corday,

I have checked for the hardware changes, nothing new showed up. Attached is a list of the Hidden Network devices.

I guess it is worth mentioning that I have installed a trial version of Kaspersky Security Cloud about a month prior to the disappearance of the Network Connections. It was working fine, but I have uninstalled it on my trials to solve this issue.

Do I have to use any system scanning software (like HijackThis) and send the scanning results to you?

BR

Attachments

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,957 Posts
If you only deleted Kaspersky from the Windows method, download and run the Kaspersky removal tool. Really consider upgrading to Window 10. Seven is no longer safe. Also, read this: WireGuard Alert

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
What is the Make and Model # of your computer or motherboard?
In the Device Manager, right click each of the devices with yellow flags and choose Update Driver choose to let Windows search your computer, and it should find the driver.
If not, try a System Restore to the time before this happened.
If that fails ,On an internet computer, go to the manufacturers support/download drivers site, type in your make and model# and choose your Windows OS version and download the Ethernet LAN driver and the Wireless driver for you model save it to a USB Flash Drive and install it on the troubled computer.
As stated, consider upgrading to Windows 10, it's free. On an internet computer choose to burn the Windows 10 ISO image to a USB Flash drive using the Media Creation Tool. Insert the USB Flash drive in Windows on the troubled computer and click Setup.exe inside the flash drive. Choose to Upgrade Now, Keeping your Files.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you only deleted Kaspersky from the Windows method, download and run the Kaspersky removal tool. Really consider upgrading to Window 10. Seven is no longer safe. Also, read this: WireGuard Alert
For the time being I prefer to stick to Win7 (I am considering to upgrade later). But I would like to restore my network connections on the current Win7 OS. I have ran the Kaspersky Removal tool before with no luck.

I don't have WireGuard installed on the malfunctioning PC (I have sent the wrong hidden devices image of another working PC). The correct image is attached.

Any more advises will be highly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is the Make and Model # of your computer or motherboard?
In the Device Manager, right click each of the devices with yellow flags and choose Update Driver choose to let Windows search your computer, and it should find the driver.
If not, try a System Restore to the time before this happened.
If that fails ,On an internet computer, go to the manufacturers support/download drivers site, type in your make and model# and choose your Windows OS version and download the Ethernet LAN driver and the Wireless driver for you model save it to a USB Flash Drive and install it on the troubled computer.
As stated, consider upgrading to Windows 10, it's free. On an internet computer choose to burn the Windows 10 ISO image to a USB Flash drive using the Media Creation Tool. Insert the USB Flash drive in Windows on the troubled computer and click Setup.exe inside the flash drive. Choose to Upgrade Now, Keeping your Files.
I have an old HP Pro 3500 MT (mainly used by the kids for their online classes). I have tried the driver update, the system can find the driver, but can not install it. I receive this msg (A device attached to the system is not functioning). An image is attached
Update driver software.jpg

I guess I have a corrupted registry or a disabled service.

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
Go to Start/Search and type Services.msc and press Enter. Here scroll down to Network Connections. Double Click it. Make sure the service is Started and startup type is Manual.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go to Start/Search and type Services.msc and press Enter. Here scroll down to Network Connections. Double Click it. Make sure the service is Started and startup type is Manual.
I have checked that, the Network Connections service is already started and the statup type is manual.

I believe the solution to my problem lies in some registry tweaking.

Sorry for the late reply, but I have been away from accessing the malfunction PC.

I appreciate your concern

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,730 Posts
Have you tried the Networking Troubleshooter? In Control Panel "troubleshooter" is an appelet (if when you open Control Panel you change "view by" "category" to "Large Icons" upper right side on top) you can open and then choose troubleshooter for Network Connections.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts