Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents purchased a new tower and gave me their old one. My desk is one foot to the right of my mom's desk. We have a wireless router but all the home pc's are connected by ethernet cords. When we switched out the towers the one they gave me now states network cable unplugged, even though it is connected with the same cord. I have tried changing cords and switching which port used on the router and rebooting the modem and router and pc in order and have also uninstalled the driver and rebooted. Nothing is working. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Internet works for all other computers including my laptop and smartphone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i think it might be due to the network card. have you tried replacing it (you don't need to buy a new one directly, just take the one from your mom's PC for a moment)? maybe something went wrong with moving it.

·
TSF Emeritus
16,395 Posts
I would suggest you post the results of a ipconfig /all before messing with the hardware. Seems strange adding a new computer made the old one stop working. Could be just a matter of ip addressing or how the routers dhcp is configured.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.